Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January Re-Cap

I am sick. I've been sick for 48 hours. The worst sore throat I have ever had. I kind of want to rip my throat out. I've also had fever and chills and body aches. I went to the doctor, but it's not strep - just the flu. Anyway, it's put me out of commission and I've already missed two runs - totalling 12 miles. I am hating it, but I also know that my body needs the rest. Just hoping for a speedy recovery.

And since I'm sick and can barely think, I am 100% copying Tonia's (Racing With Babes) January Review...maybe next month I'll be able to do something original.

Miles Planned/Miles Ran: 129/122 - missed two runs because of sickness. Bleh.

Rest Days Planned/Rest Days Taken: 8/10

Highest Mileage Week: 1/24-1/30: 51.5 miles

Long Runs Planned/Long Runs Completed: 5/5

Current Book: I am reading 50/50 by Dean Karnazes. Sure he's cocky, but um, wouldn't you be if you could run as much as he runs? I actually really love all the tips he gives on marathoning, as he's going through the various marathons in all 50 states. I have learned so much! I would recommend it to anyone even remotely interested in running.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Starbursts. On a particularly brutal long run (16 miles) when it was FREEZING outside and my legs were tired and I was mentally exhausted, we passed by a running club's fuel table and there was a bowl of Starbursts (among other things). I didn't take any, but I really, really wanted to. And ever since then, all I want is Starbursts. I'm normally a chocolate girl, so it's surprising that a non-chocolate item is my guilty pleasure!

Current Colors: Black and Pink (always)

Current Drink: Water and grape Gatorade (it's the only sport drink I can handle)

Current Song: Dynamite - Taio Cruz or Baby - Justin Bieber (nope, not joking)

Current Triumph: I ran more miles in January than any previos month AND I ran more miles last week than I did in four of the twelve months of 2010!

Current Goal: Martha's Vineyard 20-miler in under 3:30 and lose four lbs before my anniversary (February 28)

Current Blessing: Amazing friends and husband who have really helped out during a pretty miserable couple of days.

Current Excitement: Spring...ya, it's a stretch, but seriously, I can't keep talking about all the snow. It's getting depressing.

3 comments:

  1. Solid month of training girl! Hope you are feeling better!!!

    As to your comment, yes uneven terrain as well as say pitched roads can aggravate the ITB. Just keep it in check with lots of icing and foam rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at the Martha's Vineyard Race. That sounds really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that book. It was the first running book I ever read and it made me want to be that crazy.

    note: both dynomite and baby are on my playlist. it's all good.

    ReplyDelete