Sunday, November 28, 2010

Week 1: Completed.

I really do plan on updating this blog more frequently but with the holiday, work and selling my computer (on the hub's lap top right now), this week was a slow blogging week. I did run all of my miles - 18. I ran three on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday was a rest day (and Thanksgiving) so I did that (and a lot of eating!). Friday (cardio day) I played a game of Powder Puff with some good friends. So fun! I was surprised, however, how sore I was. I had no idea that football uses completely different muscles than regular running.

Although my muscles ached, I still got up for the long run. It was a little tiring because my legs were already tired, but since it was completely different muscles, I did okay. My running partner was taking our family pictures that afternoon, so we spent one mile running around Wellesley campus looking for good spots. So fun! We ended up with an 11 minute/mile average, which sounds about right for a slow run.

Looking forward to this week, although I have a sick daughter, which always makes my running schedule a little tougher. I can't swap kids when she's sick, so I have to get up before 6 to run before my husband leaves for work. This is also tough since she doesn't sleep very well when she's sick. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment