Thursday, December 2, 2010

Week 2: 3-Mile Run

So this morning I went on a 3-mile run. I left at 6:30 and it was 34 degrees and I was happy about that. Ya, I live in New England. Anyway, I went downstairs to get my iPod and it was totally dead. I thought I had charged it all night, but the charger wasn't plugged into the wall. So, no iPod. I use the Nike+ pedometer so without the iPod, I have no idea how fast I'm running or even how many miles. I was just scheduled to do a 3-mile run, so I ran a route that I am familiar with and knew was just over 3 miles.

And I ran. Just listening to the sound of my feet on the pavement and my breath. I used how I was feeling to gage pace and to speed up when I felt like I could. I got home having run 27:03 minutes. I immediately mapped it out on dailymile. I had run 3.13 miles. Which puts me at a 8:39/mile pace. I was pretty pleased with that. It's not my fastest run, but it's up there. And since I didn't feel like I was dying and felt like I could have kept going, I was really pleased.

In training for this marathon, I am really not focusing on speed - just finishing. I do not have any pace runs scheduled. I just run what feels good. And a fast run here and there certainly doesn't hurt the morale!

1 comment: