Friday, December 31, 2010

2010...best year yet.

As far as running goes, this really has been my best year.

It's the year when...

I became a runner.
I started running for the right reasons.
I started tracking my runs.
I started pushing myself.
I stopped slogging.
I found out what I could do and then I did it.
I became a smarter runner.
I enjoyed it more than ever.

Before 2010, I had run 10 miles one time (other than my 2 1/2 marathons). Since July of this year, I have run 10+ miles (not including one race) at least 8 times.
Before this year, I didn't think I could run faster than a 10-minute mile. Since August, I have logged numerous sub-9 minute miles.
I ran 13.25 on Christmas Eve, which is the most I've ever run at one time.
I set new PRs in 5K, 8K, 10K and 1/2 marathon distances.
I ran more miles (650) than I ever have before in one year.

So ya, looking back on 2010, this year rocked.

My only hope is that 2011 will be even better. And here are my running goals for 2011:

1. Run at least 900, hopefully get to 1000.
2. Complete my first marathon (DC, March 2011).
3. Be consistent in my strength training.
4. Eat like a runner.
5. Get down to an 8-minute mile.
6. Run as many races as possible!

Looking forward to 2011. I will turn 32 on 11-11-11. This is the YEAR OF RACHEL! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment