Monday, April 11, 2011

Hard core. Hard Bodies. Total Control.

My mantra this week. Credit goes to my sister Alicia.

My marathon has been over for about two weeks. And although I have still been running (logged 22 miles last week), I haven't been very good about my eating. Okay...let's be honest, my eating has SUCKED. And I'm feeling it. Leading up to the marathon, I was running around 30 miles a week. That's a lot of miles - and a lot of calories burned. And I was being careful about what I was eating (gave up sweets). So I've cut back miles and added calories. It's not hard math to figure out. I'm getting soft. And I don't like it.

Well, the best way to fix the problem is to set new goals, which I did so now I am on my way to reaching a new level of fitness. While I don't have a race to really train for, I'm going to focus on overall fitness. I'm going to be hard core and I'm going to get a hard body. Not scary, weight lifting chick hard. Just toned.

And since accountability is everything, I'm putting it out there for all my readers to see. Here are some of my goals include:

1. No sweets until Easter - two weeks.
2. Run at least 20 miles a week.
3. P90X two days a week, plus the ab ripper on my short run days.
4. Track my eating using an online calorie counter.
5. Stop eating at 8 pm.

There you have it. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan! Are we going to see you on the next Planet Fitness commercial?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that we runners do better with a plan. Looks and sounds good to me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete