Monday, April 4, 2011

Thank you.

Thank you all for your awesome and kind comments. Means so much to hear from other runners. It's inspirational.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out what's next. I feel a little lost without a concrete goal to work for. I have the Ragnar in May, but that's a tough one to train for. I have started a 6-week 1/2 marathon training because I like a schedule. I don't know whether or not I'll run an official half marathon in 6 weeks, but I will get out there and run 13.1 miles either way.

I still think about the marathon on a daily basis. Of course I question if I could have/should have run it faster. I wonder during which miles I should have pushed a little more. I wonder if I really gave it my all. I certainly think I did. But maybe I could have done more.

These questions I did not expect. I didn't expect them to "haunt" me for days after the race. I guess the only way to put them to rest is to run another one! I really am planning on it, but for now, nothing in the works. Need to put husband and kids first for a little while. Not because they are asking for it, but because it's what feels right to me right now.

So those are my thoughts....

5 comments:

  1. It is always a little lost feeling after something as huge as this! They'll go away....eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After such a big accomplishment it makes sense that it would feel odd not to be living to a training plan. I'm sure you'll find your next target when it feels right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was the hardest part post marathon. Many people told me to find a plan after or train for something...you will find your way just give it time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I just read your comment. Cracking me up. Happy to be the object of your assumed crush ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the same boat. I also just ran the National Marathon. I can't believe I'm not in "recovery mode." I think the hardest part about running a marathon in March is hearing about all the marathons in April. I soo wish I could be in Boston this year.

    Still trying to figure out what to do with my extra time. Not a fan of the post-marathon blues. Check out my race report: http://www.gottatryit.webs.com

    ReplyDelete