Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May - What?! It's over?!

Seriously?! Where did this month go? Between my daughter's tonsillectomy, Ragnar, my sister and her family visiting and the day-to-day stuff, May FLEW by. I really can't believe tomorrow is June. May kind of got by me. I don't feel like I conquered much. I feel like it was a bit stagnant in the physical department (other than Ragnar). But that's okay. I'm recommitted. June has some exciting things in store and I am going to make the best of this month - in every way possible. So, with just over an hour left in this month, here is a look at back at this whirlwind month...

Miles Planned/Miles Run: No plan/80 - my lowest number of miles since November. Bummer.

Rest Days Planned/Rest Days Taken: No plan/More than I should have!

Highest Mileage Week: 5/2 - 5/8: 27 miles

Long Runs Planned/Long Runs Completed: 0/0 - unless you count my 8 miler in Ragnar, I really didn't do any long runs this month.

Current Book: I FINALLY got Run Like a Mother from the library. Loving it so far. I also picked up Run! by Dean Karnazes and can't wait to start that.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Staying up too late and sleeping in too long!

Current Colors: Hot Pink.

Current Obsessions: Um, feeling like a runner again!

Current Drink: Water. I'm kind of boring.

Current Song: Fireflies by Owl City (played while I was on my night run on Ragnar) and Paper Planes by MIA (I know it's been out for a few years, but I just heard it recently and I love it as a running song).

Current Wish-List: Getting rock hard abs and arms. I want musclely arms. I really do.

Current Need: A pedicure. It's been more than two years since I had one professionally done. It's time for another one.

Current Triumph: Setting a new mile PR (8:00) while racing my (younger) brother-in-law.

Current Bane of my Existence: Not having a race to train for - I know, I can fix that. Working on it now.

Current Goal: Run 90 miles in the month of June. I need to do that every month for the rest of the year to reach 1111 miles in 2011. Also, conquer the hill by my home by the end of the month. It's about 1/2 mile straight up and I'd like to run it in better than 4:15 minutes.

Current Blessings: Healthy kids, healthy husband, healthy me.

Current Excitement: All the running I'm going to do in June.

Not a running picture, but this is me staring down June. Bring it on!

1 comment: