Sunday, January 23, 2011

COLD!!!!

I am trying really, really hard not to get down about the weather this week. There is a Wind Chill advisory for tomorrow morning (could feel like -25) and cold temps the rest of the day. Then a(nother) big old storm moving in on Tuesday and Wednesday. It does look like it will "warm up" for the weekend. My running partner and I have already cancelled our early morning run tomorrow. We're going to go (swap kids) after 10 am when it's a bit warmer. I might even op to run on the dreadmill because I kind of don't want to freeze my face off.

It's not even the end of January and I am DONE WITH WINTER!!! Training for a marathon in such a cold and snowy winter has been tough. But on the bright side, if I weren't training, I wouldn't be getting out there to run. And I'd be doing what my body wants to do - hibernate and eat high-calorie foods all day. And I'd probably gain 20 lbs. So I guess I'll suck it up and get back out there this week. I just will probably whine the entire time!

Hope you're enjoying better weather and friendlier temperatures in your neck of the woods!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it so stinkin' cold. I am definitely not psyched about the snow either. my kids have already missed 4 days since they went back from Christmas vacation. at the rate we are going we will be in school until July 4th. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's miserable out there but you just have to remind yourself that every time you tough it out you are growing as a runner and that which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have got to love winter in New England! That is a great system though to swap child care so you can both get in your runs!!! I am so not loving the weather here ether! I usually get in most of my runs before work but when the weather is iffy I need to give myself more time to make my 40 min commute...which equals no morning run...YUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete