Sunday, January 16, 2011

Neglected.

My blog has been neglected for the last two weeks, but my running hasn't been. Despite sickness and cold and winter storms and birthday celebrations and everything else that life has thrown my way, I have only missed one 3 mile run. This is not to brag. This is just a big milestone for me.

Running in the winter outside is something I have never done. I have always either had a gym membership or I haven't run. So the fact that we are more than halfway through January and two major storms and I haven't quit yet, that's saying something. Maybe it's saying I'm crazy, but that's something right?

In the last two weeks, since my last post, I have run 52 miles. More than half of those have been with my running friend, Kristin, her husband and another friend Amy. It really helps to have someone else out there, pushing you. Especially on Monday morning when the LAST thing I want to do is get out of bed and go running.

Running when the earth is covered in snow makes me feel hard core. I love it! I'm one of "those" people.

So here's to training through winter. Training through snow. Training with friends. Training with a goal in mind. And living to tell the tale!

No comments:

Post a Comment