Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pictures from my run today...

It was supposed to be 7 miles, but because of snow and trying to get two people's (I swapped with a friend on kid watching) runs in, we cut it down to 4 each. Should have just gone the extra three since I was already out there, cold and wet. It was tricky trying to figure out where to run - sidewalks covered, streets barely plowed and lots of traffic. I got splashed with cold, wet slush a couple of times. All worth it. And now I feel REALLY hard core. Just two pictures I snapped....

My feet and legs right after I got splashed by two cars.

It was messy out there. And actually it got worse the farther into my run I got. Yuck!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel!! Thanks for the comment :) Unfortunately I'm not keeping track for Mel's club anymore just because I'm not tracking my miles or training. She may have kept me on there anyway b/c she's a sweetie and I will be there in spirit :) I am still running though if you ever want to meet up I'm game. Good luck in your marathon training!!! Super exciting!!! :) [and whew you have your work cut out for you in this slushiness!!! if you can run in this you can run in anything!!!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! Thanks for the comment and follow! Gotta say you are pretty hardcore being out there on Tuesday - I couldn't face it!

    Good luck with your training - looking forward to following your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel! I found your blog through the Tall Mom Challenge, and I see we are both running in DC! I am running the half, but will definitely be following your blog, because I am facing the same challenges as you with the temps and snow to deal with! Good luck in your training, and thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete