Thursday, March 10, 2011

3 Things Thursday: Apparel

1. I am buying new shoes today. I'm taking Hal Higdon's advice not to run my race in the shoes I've been training in. I have been running in Nikes for the last year and 3 months. Although I've never really thought of Nike as being great for running shoes, I have loved these shoes. So I wasn't surprised when I went into Marathon Sports and he recommended the Nike Vomero+ 5. I also learned that I am neutral runner - I don't supinate or over-pronate. That was cool to learn.

2. I want a running hat with a visor. I'm done with my winter running cap. Any suggestions for running hats? Any particular brand that has worked for you?

3. With my marathon just over two weeks away, I decided I need new running shorts/capris/pants and maybe a new shirt. Trying to decide what colors I want to run in. Obviously I am a big fan of pink and black, but I've done that a lot. Maybe it's time for a change. My shoes have blue accents, but I don't really look good in blue. Maybe purple? What are your favorite colors to run in?

2 comments:

  1. I'm all about pink, so that's what I stick with. So excited for your new shoes and I can't believe how close the marathon is getting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Marathon Sports! Wow only 2 weeks to go - how exciting! I like the idea of going in purple :)

    ReplyDelete